The mission of the Center for Admissions and Strategy (CAS) is to recruit domestic undergraduate and graduate students. Domestic students are admitted via application, recommendation, examination and placement, transfer test, continuing education programs or other special admissions initiatives. Additional goals include providing National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) with data-driven admission strategies and implementing admission policies that emphasize the value of diversity and promote equity among secondary schools, higher education, and the general public. In addition to the above goals, the CAS has been collaborating with the College Entrance Examination Center (CEEC) to administer examinations in the Hsinchu area for a number of years.
The CAS is responsible for the following:
- Recruit domestic undergraduate and graduate students, including undergraduate transfer students.
- Administer undergraduate transfer tests and graduate admissions for the University System of Taiwan.
- Coordinate the College Entrance Examination Center (CEEC) tests in the Hsinchu area, including (1) Test of English Listening Comprehension (TELC), (2) General Scholastic Ability Test (GSAT), and (3) Advanced Subjects Test (AST).
- Provide undergraduate departments with data-driven admission strategies and implement admission policies for domestic and international admissions.
- Develop effective ways to evaluate undergraduate applications and conduct interviews.
- Complete case-based analyses upon request by the departments, colleges, or institution.
※Other admissions and application programs for Overseas Chinese students, Mainland China students and International students are organized by Office of Global Affairs. For such enrollment information, please contact the NTHU Office of Global Affairs: http://oga.nthu.edu.tw/