National Tsing Hua University values the diversity of its student body. Our admissions process aims to cultivate a student community reflecting a broad spectrum of regional backgrounds, socio-economic statuses, and ethnicities, fostering an environment of mutual respect and acceptance that promotes innovative thinking. This diverse learning environment expands students' perspectives and supports their holistic development, which is a keystone for our University's commitment to academic excellence.
Following this ethos, our University welcomes all qualified students, regardless of race, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, veteran status, national or ethnic origin, or refugee and asylum seekers. We ensure they receive all rights and privileges typically provided to students at the University. We strictly adhere to our legal obligations by prohibiting unlawful discrimination in all University activities. Our stringent policy applies to all aspects of the University's operation, including international programs, and extends to unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment and violence. We remain committed to preserving a culture of diversity, inclusivity, and academic excellence.
The Center for Admissions and Strategy (CAS) aims to recruit domestic undergraduate and graduate students based on the guiding principles of diversity, inclusivity, and academic excellence. Domestic students are admitted via application, recommendation, examination and placement, transfer test, continuing education programs, or other special admissions initiatives. CAS's additional goals include providing our University with data-driven admission strategies and implementing admission policies emphasizing diversity and promoting equity among secondary schools, higher education, and the general public. In addition to the above goals, the CAS has collaborated with the College Entrance Examination Center (CEEC) to administer examinations in the Hsinchu area for years.
The CAS is responsible for the following:
- Recruit domestic undergraduate and graduate students, including undergraduate transfer students.
- Administer undergraduate transfer tests and graduate admissions for the University System of Taiwan.
- Coordinate the College Entrance Examination Center (CEEC) tests in the Hsinchu area, including (1) Test of English Listening Comprehension (TELC), (2) General Scholastic Ability Test (GSAT), and (3) Advanced Subjects Test (AST).
- Provide undergraduate departments with data-driven admission strategies and implement admission policies for domestic and international admissions.
- Develop effective ways to evaluate undergraduate applications and conduct interviews.
- Complete case-based analyses upon request by the departments, colleges, or institution.
※Other admissions and application programs for Overseas Chinese students, Mainland China students and International students are organized by Office of Global Affairs. For such enrollment information, please contact the NTHU Office of Global Affairs: http://oga.nthu.edu.tw/